Twitter is an obsession of mine. I love to tweet what is on my mind, and retweet people that I am following. Here is a little bit of advice for new tweeters out there.
1. You see something funny, tweet it! Today, I saw a girl with rhinestone pants. When does that ever happen? tweet!
2. Retweet your favorites: There is nothing wrong with retweeting, since you are crediting the person that you follow. If there is something funny or interesting, don't be hesitant!
3. #hashtagproblems: Hash tags are typically the drive of the tweet, and make the tweet even funnier. My favorite hash tags are #semifatgirlproblems #sorrynotsorry and #hobbitlife
4. Quote friends: You would be surprised the sense of humor that you and your friends have, and other followers probably will enjoy it. Tweet it right after your friend says it!
5. Don't post lyrics: No one wants to read them because, let's get real, they aren't your actual words. Coming from my perspective, I find them frustrating and I typically delete the person I am following if they post lyrics only.
6. Twit pics are awesome! See something funny? Take a picture too! It adds a whole new level of creepiness (which I find hilarious) to the tweet! Investigative journalism, right? :)
7. Tweet Longer: I may be the only one that uses this, but I love it. Have something long and important to say? go for it right here.
8. Don't forget the memories: Special events, family reunions, out with friends. These tweets you will look forward to looking at a few months down the road.
HOBBIT RECCOMENDATION: Follow Conan O'Brien, I love his tweets as much as I love him on TV. Just see for yourself:
Happy tweeting! And don't forget to follow me on twitter.