A good friend of mine, Aric, is off in Georgia at basic training. I used to be really close with him in High School, and we finally were granted to send him letters! No photos, so I figured sending him a spirited letter would give him some much needed color :)
Here are a few things I recommend when writing a fun letter to a friend :)
1. Personalize their name: It will make them feel important to you!
2. Draw your location: It gives your reader a whole new perspective on your location, and your distance.
3. Color in a few words: It adds color to your text.
4. Add inside jokes: Aric and I use Twitter, so I figured a hash tag problem would make him laugh!
5. "Hi From _____": Not only shows the distance, but still adds a close feel to the friendship!
6. Write what you're doing: Aric and I loved listening to music, so I told him what I was doing and what I was listening to!
Such a great way to connect with old friends from High School, and tell them how much you are thinking about them. Plus, it's MUCH more personal than a text on a cellphone!